Don’t risk an air conditioning breakdown in the middle of summer when HVAC schedules are hectic and parts are limited. Regular air conditioning maintenance ensures your AC runs at peak performance and pre-emptively prevents breakdowns. Unmaintained ACs are more likely to run into unexpected repairs, have shortened lifespans, and cost more energy to run.
Schedule air conditioning maintenance and tune-ups in Cookeville, Tennessee, with the expert technicians of Charles Stone. Our experienced cooling specialists can maintain any AC in the area.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioning Maintenance
Regular AC maintenance is highly recommended, preferably before the start of summer. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Reduce Energy Costs: When there is something wrong with your AC, like blockages, clogs, or frozen coils, the efficiency of your air conditioner goes down. This reduced efficiency means your AC must work harder to reach the thermostat’s target temperature goal, which requires more energy. The extra expended energy lands right on your utility bill. An AC working harder puts more stress and strain on its components, leading us to breakdowns.
- Avoid Costly Breakdowns: By maintaining your AC regularly, you can prevent expensive breakdowns. Technicians can inspect components and recommend replacements before they become a problem and put stress on other AC parts, preventing unexpected shutdowns and chain repair effects. They check for short cycling or other issues that will strain components and shorten their service lifespans.
- Extend Service Life Spans: The best way to extend your AC unit’s service life is to ensure the components aren’t damaged or strained. Routine maintenance is the key to ensuring AC components last as long as possible.
- Spending Time Wisely: One of the handiest parts of regular maintenance is scheduling exactly when AC maintenance tune-ups get done. An AC breakdown in the middle of summer may come at the worst possible time, and emergency repairs typically cost more.
- Improved Air Quality: EPA’s indoor air quality research shows that we spend 90 percent of our time indoors but that our indoor air contains two to five times (and in extreme cases 100 times) the airborne contaminants and pollutants that outdoor air has. We can have significantly healthier indoor air quality with routine maintenance, regular filter changes, and regular ductwork cleaning.
- AC Warranty: Most major AC manufacturers require regular maintenance for the unit to remain under their manufacturer’s warranty. Some of the components of your air conditioner are pretty expensive, so you want them to be covered under warranty for as long as possible to save the maximum amount of money.
Professional Air Conditioning Maintenance Service Visits
A professional service technician is essential to ensuring that your AC operates efficiently. A well-trained service technician will check the following:
- Refrigerant levels.
- Potential leaks.
- Ducts in and around the AC and air handler, sealing any leaks
- Airflow through the evaporator coil, air handler, and vents
- The temperature at the unit and the vent to ensure the thermostat is calibrated
- Electrical components, ensuring no damage, tight connections, and that the wiring is all correct
- The fan and motor for oil
- The belts for tightness and wear
Our technicians have an extensive maintenance checklist to ensure every part of your AC is checked and fully functioning. We want to stay on top of any impending repairs so we can take preventative measures and not be surprised with emergency repairs later. Our technicians are upfront with what they find and will present you with replacement recommendations before proceeding.
Charles Stone offers professional air conditioning maintenance services in Cookeville, Tennessee, and the surrounding areas. Schedule an appointment today.
Want to save money? Join our HVAC Maintenance membership! It includes two maintenance visits, once in the spring for your air conditioner and once in the fall for your heater. It also includes a 10 percent discount on parts and labor and a 50 percent discount on the emergency after-hours repairs charge. The price is $179 per year.