At Charles Stone, we know that if your heater goes out, you need it fixed pronto. Our technicians are ready to come fix your furnace quickly and efficiently as soon as you need it.
Even during off-hours, we keep our trucks stocked and nearby so our technicians can reach our customers quickly and get their furnaces back up and running. We keep the most common repair parts on hand so that we can achieve repairs on the first trip.
Call 931-526-5023 for fast heating repair services in Cookeville and Upper Cumberland, Tennessee.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
Not sure if you need to call a professional HVAC repair service? Watch for these signs that your furnace needs repair:
- Weird Smells: When your furnace first starts up, a brief burning smell is perfectly normal. If you smell something pungent lingering, or you notice a smell like formaldehyde, get a repair technician out fast. It may be due to poor combustion, and you could be breathing dangerous toxic fumes.
- Gas Leaks: If you smell rotten eggs, turn off the gas and evacuate the house. If you can’t find the gas valve quickly, leave it on and get out. Call your gas company to turn off your gas, then call a qualified HVAC technician to find the problem.
- Unit Won’t Start: If your unit has difficulty starting, it could be a bad electrical connection or possible dirty filters, AC coils, or heat exchangers. They can cause issues with the combustion or put extra stress on the fan and system.
- Uneven or Inadequate Heating: Call a technician if your furnace isn’t keeping a consistent temperature or if not all rooms are heating evenly. There could be a blockage or breakage in the ventilation system, or your thermostat may require recalibrating.
- Unexpected Energy Bill Spike: One easy indicator that something has gone wrong is a spike in your energy bill. If a cold front blizzard rolls in, you can safely attribute your high energy bill to fighting that cold. But if your energy bill spikes without a corresponding weather change, that usually indicates a problem or inefficiency with your heating system.
- Strange Noises: The normal noise is a constant whirring sound from the fan. If you hear banging, rattling, groans, or irregular hums, these noises can indicate a serious problem with your furnace. They often indicate cracks in your heat exchanger as the metal expands and contracts. Cracked heat exchangers typically need replacement; if the furnace is older than 15 years, it is usually best to replace the whole furnace.
If you notice any of these furnace failure signs, call a professional technician to repair your furnace.
Contact Charles Stone for expert emergency furnace repairs in Cookeville and Upper Cumberland, Tennessee.